Vision & Mission
To impart high quality education and excel in research in Electrical Engineering to serve the global society.
- To develop excellent learning center through continuous interaction with Industries, R&D centers and Academia.
- To promote excellence in teaching and research.
- To produce competent, entrepreneurial and committed Electrical Engineers with high human values for professional career and higher studies.
Program Educational Objectives(PEOs)
The Program Educational Objectives for the BE Electrical (Electronics & Power) undergraduate program are Expertise, Commitment, Learning, Leadership and Teamwork.
Graduates, within five years of graduation, should demonstrate
- PEO1. Expertise and use it for problem solving in analysis & design of electrical system.
- PEO2. Commitment in the engineering profession or other professional careers with high human values.
- PEO3. Lifelong learning and adapting to a constantly changing field through graduate work, professional experience and self-study.
- PEO4. Leadership and initiative to ethically advance professional and organizational goals and facilitate the achievements of others.
- PEO5. Teamwork commitment for working with others of diverse cultural and interdisciplinary backgrounds.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes(PSOs)
- An Ability to design, analyze and control various parameters of Electrical Power System.
- An ability to apply knowledge, engineering skills and problem solving techniques in Electrical Machines & Control System